Friday, December 11, 2009

Toll House Cookies and the Gym


So, what do Toll House Cookies and the Gym have in common?





Always there when you need them! 

When the weather turns so gray you feel like someone placed a pewter bowl over the universe, the gym is there, lights blazing.  

When other cookie recipes let you down, Nestle's Toll House always comes through! 

Nothing special here.  Just the good ole sugar and butter, flour and eggs combo that has been a staple since I was a Brownie.  Sometimes the simplest is the best.

I tried out four different cookie recipes for the boat parade party.  Add to the judging, one of those famous Neiman Marcus cookies offered up at the hair salon this morning.  (And who am I to say no?)  But the winner - by a country mile -  sorry Neimans, sorry Martha -  Good old Toll House!!!!

So with a couple of these under my belt, it's time to get moving.  It's all fuel, of course - just that some fuels work better than others. The rest of this "fuel" is headed for zip loc bags and the freezer for next week's party. 

Whenever possible, stopping at two cookies is one good plan.  Having a plan for the rest - even better!
     
   

1 comment:

  1. I baked the exact same batch of cookies a few days ago... right down to the extra salt, I'm sure ;)

    ReplyDelete

I am a cockroach of the road.

Ok, I just like saying it.   I am a cockroach of the road. A year or two ago an Austrailian study came out where over 50% of drivers sai...