Saturday, December 5, 2009

Rainy Saturday in the "Unshine" State


Well, the cats have got the sleeping part down.  When it's pouring, they're snoring.  No kind of day for the bike!  




I am just too stubborn to go to the gym, so it was a quick couple miles up to the beach and back on foot.  Sit ups, pushups, some dumb bell sets back at home to help justify the decision not to ride.  TOO Boring!  

Invites have gone out for the boat parade parties!  So it's time to start baking and freezing an assortment of cookies for the guests.  Didn't repeat any of the tried and true this year.  After a morning of double chocolate walnut, and old fashioned sugar cookies, I wish I could say I'd found a new keeper for the recipe notebook, but nah, not so far. 

They have to be pretty darned good cookies to "waist" all that sugar and butter, you know? 

Gol darn it!  Too many Christmas gifts to go and too little time!  Nope.  No patterns.  Every single one is an individual learning experience.  

Back to clear weather for tomorrow, so this might be it.  Thank goodness - I don't think I could stand much more "unshine"! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a cockroach of the road.

Ok, I just like saying it.   I am a cockroach of the road. A year or two ago an Austrailian study came out where over 50% of drivers sai...