Monday, January 4, 2010

A Difference of Degrees. Recon at the Econ.

Same Trail, Different Day


It is the last day of our holidays, and even Popeye is bundled up!  Tomorrow the hammer falls.  Back to work, back to diets, back to the dentist, even.  Lucky me.  One last bah-humbug to that! 

For today, this first Sunday of the new decade, we are gonna have fun.  Even if it's COLD fun.  Even if it's bundled up, shivering, don't-anybody-have-a-flat-cuz-it's-too-freakin'-cold-and-I'm-not-standing-around-waiting, fun.


  

But of course, someone does, and we all do stand around waiting because next time it could very well be you, ya know?

Thank you, Inspector Gadget, for finally accepting my offer of a spare tube.  Otherwise I wouldn't have known it was no good until I needed it!  :)  Stan's No Tubes is awesome.  But I really need to remember once in a while to check the spare I carry around.  I haven't had to use one all year for myself, but Murphy's Law rules all things bike.  And if you're going to cart around a tube, an inflator, and extra CO2 cartridges, it's best to pre-empt Mr. Murphy whenever you can!     




Breakfast fuel up.

See French Toast Casserole.  Add some sugar and cinnamon in with the vanilla and eggs.  Stir in the bread cubes.  Publix Sunflower Bread adds a little crunch.  Then, for a lot of crunch, and some chew, add a handful of walnuts and dried cherries.  Bake for about half an hour.  Scoop it out, pour maple syrup all over, crisp up some turkey bacon, and finish off the strawberries.  You are ready for a cold winter's ride!

Of course, when the last ride of the vacation is over, and the breakfast fuel is history, one must head straight to the closest burger joint for the final indulgence of the holiday. 

You know why. 

The next day is the First Monday of the Decade.  Those of us carrying an extra ten feel keenly the weight of our January obligations.  One must nail ones diet to the straight and narrow, and so, on Monday, the hammer falls.


1 comment:

  1. The hammer did not fall for me on Monday. I had some leftovers from Longhorn that I was NOT going to waste, dagnabbit! Worked out for the best as I ended up with a nasty headache after work and the trip to Publix had to be postponed.

    But so far so good today. Just had some healthy cereal for breakfast, lunch is planned out and with any luck I will feel okay today and can make that much needed run to the grocery store this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

I am a cockroach of the road.

Ok, I just like saying it.   I am a cockroach of the road. A year or two ago an Austrailian study came out where over 50% of drivers sai...