Saturday, January 9, 2010

Home again the same day... San Felasco blown.

Darn!  And Double Darn!  I forgot to leave the @#$%&**^%$ KEY for the Critter Sitter!  I didn't just forget, and remember again a block from home.  Oh noooo.  I remembered at 9PM all the way up in Ocala with less than an hour to go to the Cabot Lodge!  (The Cabot Lodge....  with it's huge circular ski lodge-type fireplace, free cocktail hour, and a whole bunch of our friends wondering where the heck we were.)

It's a long story, but we stopped in Ocala to eat, talk it over, and just happened to track around in some raw sewage besides.  But to make a long story short, we turned around, darn it!  The new kitty is not acclimated enough to leave for 24 hours, let alone a second night.  We are afraid she will wander off and not remember where her new home is.   

Home again the same day. 

Well not quite.  It is 11 minutes after midnight when we pull in.  A 20 mph north wind blasts me when I open the car door. 

It is raining when we wake up, temps in the mid thirties.  Yuck!  The weather channel says Alachua is currently 30 degrees and chance of "rain".  Even if it snows it would instantly turn yucky-mucky, but DARN!  I do hate to miss a ride!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a cockroach of the road.

Ok, I just like saying it.   I am a cockroach of the road. A year or two ago an Austrailian study came out where over 50% of drivers sai...