Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sun Dried Tomato and Caper Pasta Salad Dressing

Yesterday there seemed to be an Italian craving going around. 

We had discussed and dismissed the Cross Florida ride.  Next year hopefully, there will be better weather and we will have had more long rides under our wheels by May. 

Probably because I still held some small fantasy of doing it anyway I said, "OK, if you were riding a hundred and seventy miles tomorrow, what would you be doing to prepare for it right now?"  

Popeye instant response was, "I'd be eating chicken parmesan!"

That became the theme of the afternoon.  When his brother called to ask for ideas about their parents anniversary party, I didn't hear much of the conversation, but somehow the words "chicken parmesan" came through loud and clear.

All this and a trip to Pane Vino is well and good, except that yesterday I had made pasta salad in anticipation of dinner at home. 

And this particular salad was wearing the BEST pasta salad dressing EVER!

Caving to the craving, we drove to Pane Vino and Popeye had his best ever chicken parm.  That place is another story.

Today's story is this dressing - even if I did have to wait to indulge!

(I'm not sure whom to credit for this - I found it in my recipe notebook, probably jotted down from Barefoot Contessa or Giada, the only cooking shows I can stand.  It got changed a little anyway, of course.)


Sun Dried Tomato and Caper Pasta Salad Dressing

Pulse in a food processor:

1/4 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes, packed tight
1 clove garlic
2 tsp. capers
3T. red wine vinegar
6 T. Olive Oil
salt, pepper

Toss with some pasta and lots of veggies.  This one has peas, tomatoes, carrots, orange bell peppers, kidney beans.  I like broccoli too, but our garden broccoli has finally given up after a phenomenal winter growing season. 



Pasta Salad with Sun Dried Tomato and Caper Dressing

More YUM than a Kentucky Derby ad!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a cockroach of the road.

Ok, I just like saying it.   I am a cockroach of the road. A year or two ago an Austrailian study came out where over 50% of drivers sai...