Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A short case for lifehammers.

At our Easter dinner party, the subject of lifehammers came up.  You know, those pointy little escape devices that break a window if you are trapped in a car underwater?

The discussion generally concluded with Murphy's Law. 

If you have a lifehammer, you'll probably never drive off a bridge.

As far as I could tell yesterday when I came home from my ride and saw the car in the ditch across the road, Murphy had it right.  

The compact sedan fit neatly lengthwise into the ditch.  It was such a perfect fit that it didn't look as if there was room to open the doors to get out.  Thank goodness it hasn't rained for a few days.   In the chaos of firetrucks pulling up and the firefighters jumping out to do their thing, I could see the windows were up.  Any occupants inside likely had water across their laps.

Check out the Today Show video (the second one down) at this website.

A couple months ago, when I saw this video, I bought three hammers.  One for each of our cars and one for the Chick. 

Just in case Murphy's Law holds. 

And especially if it doesn't.

http://www.autogeek.net/inausaeq.html?gclid=CPjUybSOhqACFVZS2godDEjgkw

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a cockroach of the road.

Ok, I just like saying it.   I am a cockroach of the road. A year or two ago an Austrailian study came out where over 50% of drivers sai...