Monday, June 25, 2012

My Favorite Jersey. Mango Season.

OK, it's old.  And getting pretty beat.

But this is my favorite bike jersey. 



Not just because it's sleeveless.  Or because it's made from technical, wicking fabric.

Or even because it's bright pink.  

But because it has pockets. 

Really big pockets.  Big enough to fit a phone-in-a-ziploc, and keys, a few dollars in Gatorade money, and...



...mangoes!

Put a dollar in the tin most anywhere along Tropical Trail, and help yourself.






3 block Zone lunch, coming right up.







 


Whew.  One mango yields one cup.  I don't know if I would have had the willpower to save any extra slices for later.





Lunch in the Zone.  Simple as it gets.  And no way could it be sweeter - or fresher. 

All you need is a bike and a dollar.  And the perfect jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a cockroach of the road.

Ok, I just like saying it.   I am a cockroach of the road. A year or two ago an Austrailian study came out where over 50% of drivers sai...