Friday, June 11, 2010

Vibram FiveFingers

All us barefooters know that the surest way to become sure-footed has always been to go barefoot. 

And trail runners know the best way to avoid a twisted ankle is to strengthen your lateral muscles by running on rough terrain.  

So barefoot running on rough terrain seems the next logical step toward being the best possible trail runner you can be.

Except for...

OUCH!

Enter Vibram FiveFingers.

My new Vibram FiveFingers
They've got sole.  

   
OK, I don't get it either.  Why is a running shoe, made for the health of  your feet, named "FiveFingers"?  I have no explanation for that.

These have been around awhile.  My boss, Wild Bill, first noticed the young man from Idaho wear them into the store yesterday, and it jogged a memory.  I'd seen the five toed prints on trail at the park.  Wild Bill probably thought it was mighty peculiar footwear, but I was all over it 'like white on rice', as my friend Mrs. Peanut would say.  It was the first time I had seen the actual shoe, and peculiar they were!  But cool, very cool. 

So cool, that I set myself out today to acquire some.  

Shopping is about the most annoying activity ever invented, but this trip turned out to be as painless as a pair of bunny slippers.  Imagine expecting to have to go half way to Idaho, but finding that these dainty little hoof covers are sold exactly four miles from my house, in Indian Harbour Beach! 

Not so sure about the spread out feel of "yoga toes", but hey.

My size, trail friendly color....  Sold!

Anyone for a run tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a cockroach of the road.

Ok, I just like saying it.   I am a cockroach of the road. A year or two ago an Austrailian study came out where over 50% of drivers sai...