Monday, August 29, 2011

Irene - Over Easy.



7 days without riding makes one weak.  

30 days could make one outright crazy.

So I compromised.

Saturday morning.  Day 11.  Easy does it.  I probably wouldn't have tried it but for the super cushy Superfly. 

First stop - the beach.

OK, I admit I am starting to appreciate what all the early birds see in the dawn's early light.


Satellite Beach
7:30 (AM!!!)
8/27/11


Except for the obvious power and the occasional boom, the surf seemed almost subdued.  And mesmerizing. 





That five mile ride on Saturday wore me out, but it felt good.  So of course, I was compelled to do it again on Sunday.  Just a bit further. 

Whoops.  Too much.  Ache deep in the gut for the rest of the day.  

Note to self:  Stay vigilent.  Pay attention.   It's not even September yet.  Listen to the forecasters, but go with your gut. 

My gut is saying it's back to walking for a couple of days. 

And keeping an eye on the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a cockroach of the road.

Ok, I just like saying it.   I am a cockroach of the road. A year or two ago an Austrailian study came out where over 50% of drivers sai...